Friday, July 9, 2010

Freedom Fest Fun

After living in Greenwood for almost 10 years I finally made it to the Freedom Fest hosted on the square each July 4th. I am told that there are things like a turtle race, bounce arounds, and other fun activites all day. Since the weather was wet and dreary most of the day, I kept the children home until "showtime." Daddy aka 10 spur was performing on the square as the headlining act. They followed Mr. CabbageHead and athe Screaming Radishes and Fordomatic. Great times had by all. Because of the rain I didn't take my camera but got a few shots on my phone. Great music was heard and the band did a great job making Freedom Fest a hometown success! SO proud ofmy husband. The kids had fun sitting and watching as well as dancing. Klaire just sat in the stroller(where she has spent most of her life up to this point) and clapped when daddy played.
We watched fireworks all together and then Ms. Monica took the little kids home for bed. Kennedy got to stay and watch the second half of the 10 Spur show. Fun times.
Looking forward to next year, maybe it will be sunny and we may even race a turtle.

No comments: