Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to my precious baby boy, Scott. He is four today. I am soo thankful for a healthy son to continue our family legacy, carry on the Holland name, the features and values of the Jacksons, and develop into his own person. I pray for Scott's

health
Spirituality
personality
nature
kindergarten teacher
high school teacher
wife, that we love her and she loves us(that might be hard), that she is a strong Christian woman, and fun loving.

Four years ago, I woke up at 3 in the morning wondering why I was awake. I thought I had to use the restroom and realized my water had broken. I woke Sean up and told him it was time to go to the hospital. He, of course, layed there and asked if I was sure. I said, emphatically, yes I am positive. I got a shower and did my hair and make up before we left. Sean ran to the car and kept coming back in to ask if I was ever going to get ready to go. I was in no hurry. I didn't begin to hurt with contraction until we got to the hospital. When we got there it was 6:30 and the night shift nurses checked me in and told me they thought I was mistaken about my water breaking. NOT TRUE! Soo, when the morning crew came on they confirmed what I already knew and began the potosin at 8ish. Dr. Rainwater came in and checked me and I had not dialated much. I took some IV drugs and Sean would watch the monitors. Each time the contractions would show he would squeeze a spot on my foot the reflexologist gave me in high school. It seemed to work keeping my contractions from being HORRIBLE. On this went until I felt like Scott was coming. The nurse checked me and I was dialated to an 8 and we did a "practice push." Sean got up and said he was going to the lobby to let everyone know I was beginning pushing but then nurse Hope grabbed his arm with wide eyes and said, " Don't leave, I might need you." WOW that made me feel better. Dr. Rainwater came in and caught the baby boy who had no name yet. We didn't see her long because Scott made such a timely exit.
His name was debated for several days. Mom and Dad could not agree. Fianlly, when it was time to go home we gave the boy his name. I am pleased with it and it fits him. I love you Scott!!

Today was a very tiring day. After spending the night at my parents house following an eleven day beach trip(more on that later), we began the trip back home. It went well and we were glad to be home for Scott's birthday. Daddy cooked burgers and hot dogs so we could spend time with family after being gone. Gransy and Popsy came over and we had cake and ice cream. Thomas and james the tank engines even made an appearance. Sean and I are waiting until his party Monday to give him his present. We had so much fun celebrating Scott's birthday. Good to be back home.

No comments: