Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My home away from Home.. THE BEACH

I absolutely LOVE the beach! I was so sad when I heard about the oil spill and how it "ruined" the Gulf Coast. I thought we would not be able to go this year. We skipped last year because Klaire was so small. Thankfully, we had a wonderful lady we rent from who encouraged us to come on. Two years ago my mom found this wonderful condo called Ocean House in Gulf Shores, Alabama. The complex has a zero entry pool and it sits ON the beach which is a must for us. The other thing that cinched it for us was the bathroom on the ground floor right by the pool. With two of three kids potty trained, it makes life a LOt easier at the pool. Here is the view from our condo.

We stayed on the second floor, which was actually the first floor of rooms. Far enough away from pool not to hear noise but close enough to enjoy the view of pool.

This was Klaire's first trip to the beach. She loved it. I didn't take my camera to the beach the days we played in the ocean but she loved the waves. She would wait for the water to come in and then run into the waves. She is so brave. Gransy and Popsy would hold onto her sometimes to keep her from falling. I am glad my kids love the beach as much as I do. She would also play in the sand until she saw the big kids get up and go to the ocean, then she would be right behind them.


Trying to get pics of all three was quite hard. No one would look at the camera at the same time. It really frustrated me at the time but now it is fun to look back and see all the chaos that happened in a matter of minutes. Scott pushed Kennedy into the sand and Klaire fell in the water. Ahh, the memories..
Kennedy, 6
Scott, almost 4
Klaire, 16 months
Love this shot. Hope they really feel this loving toward each other one day.




Another picture, notice Lightening McQueen made this shot.


We had a great time and enjoyed ourselves. We only had two days worth of oil and Gulf Shores did a great job of cleaning up the beaches. The media really hurt tourism in the area for no reason. Yes, there was oil but no, it shouldn't have kept people away from the beach. I am so thankful we went and enjoyed the sand, water, and waves.. to be continued



No comments: