Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Potty time

Today was the big day for Scott. Sean and I decided that since we ran out of scott's diapers that it would be a good day to start potty training...again. Not so much. We started the day by Sean taking Scott to the potty to be a big boy since he was almost dry. He DID NOT want to potty to say the least. We had to coax it out of him. Sean and he were in the bathroom for at least 45 min before scott finally peepeed in the toilet. We gave him "mud covered Thomas" who by the way has been camped in Kenned's bathroom window sill for about six months when we stared this for the oh, thrid time. The first time he went was a big deal. We hooped and hollered and jumped up and down. Scott was not nearly as exctied as the reswt of us. By the time we got dressed and started out the door, he got to go with daddy on the big tractor as a rewared, we had already peed our pants. Sooo, mud covered thomas was short lived. Then, while we waited on daddy to come back I thought it would be a good idea to try to get scott to go again. We went to my bathroom, got the John Deere stool out and lifted the lid. NOt having any part of this, Scott sat down on the stool, crying. He didnt want to go potty. So, as he gathered up everything within his reach I began taking those things away. I told him we were staying in the bathroom until he used the potty. ( i knew he needed to go) He refused to go. This is where it becomes intersting. I took away the sucker he wanted, I took away the "toys" he wanted to play with and them I took "bue bank" aka blue blanket. So scott shared his feelings of hatred toward me. Yes, he said I hate you mommy TWICE. BOth of us were in tears by this point. I called Sean and he told me not to let scott see me cry. Easier said than done when you hear I hate you from your three and a half year old. After waiting on him for about 40 min, I went to check on Klaire(who was contained so she couldn't ge hurt) I came back and the child had peed in the floor by where I get ready instead of inthe potty. Do you think he is stubborn. I decided he was NOT going to win this battle so I made him clean up his mess and by gosh, we stayed in the bathroom until he FINALLY went in the potty! We don't have it mastered and I just wonder if it will ever sink in. I just know that God will see us through and help both of us survive. Just a sidebar:Kennedyjsut woke up one mornging and said Iwant to wear big girls panties and we were done. Easy as pie. Not with SCott. I hope one day he will use this stubborness for good instead of evil. I love you dearly SCott but sometimes you wear me out.
to be continued....

No comments: