Monday, March 1, 2010

D_NOW

How much fun was the weekend of DNOW! Sean and I had 12 ninth grade girls at our house for the weekend. At first, I wasn't sure that was such a good idea but by Sunday, I was thankful we had hosted. The girls were so polite and fun. We enjoyed getting to know them and see what teenagers are like. These 12 girls had such good things to say and made me proud of the young women who are in our church.
We sent them upstairs to the our bonus room with all of the "girl junk" It helped we have three bathrooms for them to use without using mine. Friday night we got to know them with some activies and then on Saturday morning we got up and had breakfast. After Amanda Shook, our small group leader, led small group we went to the church for our big group session. Wade Morris was the speaker and he is a great youth communicatior. He was fun to listen to. Watching those girls see God work in their lives and others around them was amazing. It makes me wonder if 9th graders are my "calling within my calling." I so enjoy that age.
I didn't think the girls would eat as much as boys but WOW did they. We ordered pizza Friday night and they ate most of it! Sat morning we cooked muffins, 1 lb and 1/2 of bacon, eggs, and powdered doughnuts with oragne juice and milk. Saturday afternnon I made fruit dip and cut up fruit and I thought I was going to lose an arm before i could get more fruit cut. It was jsut funny how much more girl eat around each other.
I loved watching the girls in our house be so friendly to each other and others. THey did so good together. NO drama like I had anticipated. I loved that several of the girls who stayed iwth us made decisions and am praying that others will follow suit. I think we might host 10th grade girls next year.

No comments: