Saturday, June 26, 2010

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday cha cha cha... Kennedy turned six today. I was at St. Edwards on June 24 at midnight to get things rollin'. I took everything but the kitchen sink, had been packed for three weeks and was anxious for this to happen. With her being my first, I was apprehensive to say the least. I stayed the night (didn't sleep b/c of vitals check.) and then at 8:00 am Melissa Rainwater came in and started my petocin (sp?) and broke my water about an hour later. I wasn't in labor long but it was hard. I decided I wanted to "try" tohave the baby without epidural. I might change my mind later I thought. But I did want a little IV drugs to knock the edge off. I was in and out during contractions. Soo, sean would watch the monitor and when the contractions would start he would squeeze a spot on the side of my ankle and the contractions didn't seem as bad. This spot was suggested by a reflexologist so I think it worked physically but I know it worked mentally (3 times). The nurses let me "practice" push when I finally dialated to an 8. My nurse Hope told Sean that he might get to help deliver the baby. She kept telling me not to push but I couldn't help it. I didn't have that epidural so I could feel each time my body wanted to push. I tried not to. At this point, I had not seen the doctor very much. She rushes in and floats the baby because th cord is around her neck. All of this I find out later. She delivered the beautiful baby girl, sewed me up and said Congratulations, that will be $X. Thanks. See you later. I didn't see her again until next mornning. She did ask the baby's name and Sean looked at me and said "after that, you can name her anything you want." She became Kennedy Danette Holland at that moment. I am so thankful for my little girl.
She teaches me so much. I want to remember everything about her.

Random thoughts;
You slept on my chest for the first six weeks of your life.

You nursed for 14 months.

We read LOTS of books.

You LOVED baby einstein.

You nursed many times a day.

You learned and used sign language.

Fave words: please, thank you, eat, more, dad, mom

You talked early and in sentences.

You were so good, went anywhere without fussing.

you played with horses from the time you could hold anything.

Didn't like baby dolls, barbies, just horses.

All of that to say, tonight we took Kennedy out to dinner by herself for her birthday. We wanted it to be special for her. She chose to eat at Logan's. She loves their rolls. She ate steak tips and macaroni. I loved being there with her because it was like how it will be when she is a teenager. I saw glimpese of her personality that I can't wait to see blossom. We gave her a Nintendo DS. We had talked about gettting her one and were debating. At the Spring Fling at Westwood, I won the raffle for a DS and a Phineas and Ferb game. She loves that show. Only becasue she gets the humor that is intended for adults watching the show with their kids. She loved it. It made me kind of sad becasue she didn't get a "toy" or stuffed horse but she wasn't interesed in them. I am loving who she is becoming but am kind of sad to see her grow up.

Thank you Jesus, for a beautiful young lady I pray will follow you and be a special child of God.

No comments: