Thursday, August 19, 2010

What kids say

WOW! Kennedy made me so proud today. SHe is going to be in the fair queen pagant this year. She will be one of the oldest in her division so we thought it would be a fun experience. I was nervous at first because she is such an overachiever I was worried about how it would be if she doesn't win. We talked about how she might not win but it would be fun to get dressed up. Anyway, we were practicing our "walk" and then I told her there might be some questions on stage. She won't be judged on them but she still needed to be ready. We went through several questions. Here were her answers.. you will see why I was proud when you read the question about her favorite book.

Me: What do you like to do for fun?
Ken: I like to read books and ride horses.
Me: Do you have a horse?
Ken: yes, spirit is her name.
Me:You said you like to read, what is your favorite book?
Ken: Well, I like the Junie B Jones books but The Giving Tree is my favorite.(surprised look on my face)
Me:Why?
Ken: The tree gives away everything to other people and I want to be like that.

This made me so proud because this came with absolutely no prompting by me. I just wanted to hear her answers. It makes me feel good as a mom that she picked something with some substance. I am soo proud ofher. Can't wait til pageant night.

1 comment:

Mischelle Coston said...

So sweet! She has such a gentle spirit!