Thursday, August 12, 2010

The teacher

We went to the school the other day to find out who Kennedy's teacher was. We have been talking all summer about who her teacher is. She really wanted to get Ms. Watts because we go to church with her and Kennedy feels comfortable with her. I tried to explain to her that she may not get her. I was hoping she might get her too. I really debated about whether or not to write a letter and "request" a teacher. I thought that might help get the teacher we both wanted.

After much prayer and talking to Godly friends, I decided NOT to write that letter. The trip to the school was so much fun. Kennedy was so excited as was I. We both realized that she did not get Ms. Watts. I was a bit disappointed.. at first. Then I realized that we got Gina Baxley. Kennedy was okay with not having who she orginally wanted and I was good with that too.



After seeing the list of students we got even more excited about her class this year. I am so thankful for good friends for Kennedy. There are so many kids in the class. This day was such a fun experience and Kennedy got to share it with her good friend Lindsey. Lindsey's first year of school will be this year.

No comments: