Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Boys and notes


So Kennedy gets in the car telling me about her day and how it went. She got a little quiet and then from the backseat all of a sudden says,"Mom, I have to tell you something." her voice was so serious that I expected the worst... a failed AR test, a fall in the cafetira, a move off of green, yet my imagination was overactive.
so, I ask about the mysterious something. The conversations went a little soemthing like this:
Me: So what do you need to tell me?
H1:umm, so I wrote a note to nathan(will keep his last name out of print for sake of priviacy).
me:you did? what did this note say?
h1:wellll.. i wrote that I thought he was handsome. hee hee hee.
me: what did nathan say about this note?
h1: when i gave it to him, he read it and then he fainted.
me: really?
h1:yees moom, then he wrote me a note and and told me that he thought I was cute.
me: and what did you do?
h1: well, i fainted bu the gournd was really hard.
me: k, from now on let teh boys write you a note first, you don't write them notes first anymore.
h1:why?
me: you just let tehm do, one day you will understans.


All of that to say, I never thought we would have this conversation on boys and letting them "chase" you in kindergarten. I pray everyday for the things I say to my children will impact them positively. I was just thinking how wonderfully innocent the minds of small children are. I wish they would stay that way much longer.

1 comment:

Julie said...

oh my goodness! she is too cute!