Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas 1

We had our first Christmas this weekend with my parents. My mom so gracefully gave up trying to have Christmas on/near THE day so now we have our Christmas with them the weekend before Christmas Day. I love this arrangement because I really get to enjoy being with my family and not just hurry up and check another house off the list. We had a great time. After arriving in Searcy with a quiet trip with three sleeping children(bliss) we ate dinner with my brother and my parents. it was great to visit although my brother was his usual charming self. the children FINALlY went to sleep much later than usual bedtime and then got up very early to open prensents.
We had sausage balls, breakfast casserole and some great conversation. This year was crazy opening packages.

Our family is usually very orderly about opening gifts. We hand out three or four to each person and then take turns opening and enjoying what each person gets. Kenndey played "santa" and handed out the gifts as scott tore into each gift he got and some that were others. Gransy and Popsy were laughing because it was so chaotic.. so unlike us.Kennedy got mostly horses and a Breyer truck and trailer to haul her horses in. Scott got trains, and more trains and a track to run them on. I had a hard time because Scott loved Kennedy's presnet and wanted to play with it so bad. It is plastic and not Scott proof so we had to find ways to distract him from the truck. We all had a great time and enjoyed each other. After opening gifts, we hung out and did not cook the traditional Christmas dinner. We had steak and baked potatoes because my ENTIRE family are coming to MY house for dinner on Christmas night I am not nervous at all. HOpe it goes well.

I am so behind on so many things. here is some of them
Chrstmas cards
going through kids toys to give away
going through all clothes to give away
laundry
keeping up with college friends
cleaning out closets
organizing pretty much everything
printing pictures
learning how to use my camera like I need to
scrapbooking
did I mention scrapbooking
and so much more I don't want to even think about

I am so looking forward to Christmas with my family and seeing how the first dinner at our house goes.

No comments: